So your standing on a ledge
It looks like you might fall
So far down
Or maybe you were thinking about jumping
Now you could have it all
If you learned a little patience
For though I cannot fly
I'm not content to crawl
So give me a little credit
Have in me a little faith
I want to be with you forever
If tomorrow's not too late
But it's always too late when you've got nothing
So you say
But you should never let the sun set on tomorrow
Before the sun rises today
If I am
Another waste of everything you dreamed of
I will let you down
If I am
Only here to watch as you suffer
I will let you down
So your walking on the edge
And you wait your turn to fall
But you're so far gone
That you don't see the hands upheld to catch you
And you could find the fault
In the heart that you've been handed!
For though you cannot fly
You're not content to crawl
But it's always too late when you've got nothing
So you say
But you should never let the sun set on tomorrow
Before the sun rises today
If I am
Another waste of everything you dreamed of
I will let you down
If I am
Only here to as watch you suffer
I will let you down
So you're standing on a ledge
It looks like you might fall
If I am
Another waste of everything you dreamed of
I will let you down
If I am
Only here to as watch you suffer
I will let you down
The answers we find
Are never what we had in mind
So we make it up as we go along
I won't mention tomorrow
And we won't make those promises that we can't keep...
I will never leave you
I will never let you down
I will never leave you
I will never let you down
It looks like you might fall
So far down
Or maybe you were thinking about jumping
Now you could have it all
If you learned a little patience
For though I cannot fly
I'm not content to crawl
So give me a little credit
Have in me a little faith
I want to be with you forever
If tomorrow's not too late
But it's always too late when you've got nothing
So you say
But you should never let the sun set on tomorrow
Before the sun rises today
If I am
Another waste of everything you dreamed of
I will let you down
If I am
Only here to watch as you suffer
I will let you down
So your walking on the edge
And you wait your turn to fall
But you're so far gone
That you don't see the hands upheld to catch you
And you could find the fault
In the heart that you've been handed!
For though you cannot fly
You're not content to crawl
But it's always too late when you've got nothing
So you say
But you should never let the sun set on tomorrow
Before the sun rises today
If I am
Another waste of everything you dreamed of
I will let you down
If I am
Only here to as watch you suffer
I will let you down
So you're standing on a ledge
It looks like you might fall
If I am
Another waste of everything you dreamed of
I will let you down
If I am
Only here to as watch you suffer
I will let you down
The answers we find
Are never what we had in mind
So we make it up as we go along
I won't mention tomorrow
And we won't make those promises that we can't keep...
I will never leave you
I will never let you down
I will never leave you
I will never let you down
This song is not new and I have had a chance to listen to
it several times. I have come to an analysis and a way that I visualize the
plot to the song. A woman (I’ll call her Mary)
leaves her
boyfriend (I’ll call him Jared) for no apparent reason. Mary storms out of the
apartment and tries to get as far away from Jared as possible. Jared on the
other hand is
persistent
and does not want to lose Mary because he thinks she could be his true love. He
tries to talk to her but she just walks the other way and ignores him. He
questions her about
why she left
him and what he did wrong. Without him she is a mess. Jared tells Mary that he
is not a waste of her time and that they could work everything out. He also
says that he
will never
leave her or let her down. He will remain faithful to her even if she wants
nothing to do with him. Over time she learns that he never meant to hurt her
and will be the one
that is
there for her no matter what. She will never find another man like him and if
she leaves he will have let her down. She decides to give the relationship
another chance and to let
Jared back
into her life. He tells her over and over again that he will never leave her or
let her down. He is committed to their love and he wants her to be too. The
song tells me that
this was an
actual event in the author’s life because of the passion he wrote and sings the
song with. Perhaps the author wrote the song as a reminder to his love that he
will never
leave her or
betray her in any way.